Code of Ethics.
APRON members must abide by the APRON Code of Ethics and are required to post the Code on their website in a way that's clear and easily accessible.
• 1 •
- I will respect my clients, their space(s), and will remain non-judgmental throughout all interactions.
- I will only provide services in areas in which I am competent and knowledgeable.
- If other professionals are needed, I will do my best to connect my client with qualified individuals and/or companies.
• 2 •
- Any and all client information will be held with the utmost of confidentiality and will not be shared with anyone.
- Client testimonials and/or photos will only be used with client's explicit permission.
• 3 •
- All fees for services will be honestly represented and provided upfront.
- For any change in fee structure, a 60-day notice will be provided to existing clients and will only be effective towards new projects not within original agreement.